Friday 30 October 2015

Diwali Table Lantern

Hello Friends!!
As we all know that Diwali is round the corner & it is a festival of lights, lamps, decoration & lots of fun, so here is what I made to add more light to this festival :)
A Lantern!! But what new?? Oh yes, It’s a table lantern with Mandana design at the base. Mandana is prepared on floor by drawing beautiful designs & here I have incorporated a small Mandana with my lantern.
Have a look!

Table lantern
Table lantern
At the sides of the lantern are two mini hand painted pots which are actually candle holder.
Table lantern
The green colour PP is a handmade paper, crushed & distressed to get this look. I also rubbed some gold dust for little shine.
For the center position of all the four sides I have used an old saree fabric for a beautiful translucent effect on lightening it up. Further decorated it with some punched flowers & festive fabric booti.

Table lantern
On top I put some sequins & at the center is a festive decoration made up of bamboo, on which I glued some embellishments from old rakhis.


For the Mandana design, wrapped a brown PP on a cardboard cut in a semicircular shape.
Pattern is made using a white 3-D Outliner. Finally added some stones & glitter to it.

Also my lantern has legs at the base made up of my mother’s old bangles.
Table lantern
                 
I recycled an old box to make this lantern, original box looked like this…

Hope you liked it!!
Waiting to read your comments :)
Thanks for stopping by!

Have a wonderful day & Happy Diwali in advance :)

Linking to following challenges:
Hobby Mela
Beyond Grey Challenge

2 comments:

You may also like.